September 27, 2020
When I saw these at my local 99 cent store, the first thing that popped into my mind was “Oh, healthy version of pizza bites” and, dear Watson, was I correct.
These were pretty darn good for healthy food. I baked them for the indicated 9 minutes, but I think I could’ve baked them a little longer as they were still a little soft and pillowy and I would’ve appreciated a toastier outer shell.
Ok, the nutrition macros are pretty decent ( I ate the whole package because I need to do that to feel full, I ain’t no skinny peach):
- 69 grams of carbs yes, but 13 grams of fiber? The fiber content is unbelievable
- Oo, that sodium is high at 900mg. Hypertensive friends need to be cautious. I, on the other hand, appreciate the flavor boost
- 14 grams of total fat with 7 grams of saturated, mmkay mmkay, not great but could be worse.
- 19 grams of protein? Sign me up!
- High calcium content with some iron and potassium is definitely welcome.
Can we just take a moment and congratulate me on the following sexy photo of these bites? I am so excited they photographed so well, eeeeeee!
For only $0.99 for a bag of these, this is definitely a repeat buy for me!
Try them out yourself and tell me what you think!
See more Veggieful products from Del Monte here.