September 24, 2020
I saw this gem in the 99 cent store and it looked reminiscent of Lean Cuisine (TM) meals I used to eat a long long time ago. Frozen meals typically smell great, taste okay, and leave me still hungry, but for $0.99 I had to give it a go.
To be clear, my hopes for this was very low. But to my surprise, this actually tasted quite amazing.
There were REAL pieces of vegetables, including edamame beans, and the cashew sauce was savory (it tasted like peanuts, I think it was some sort of black magic between the cashews and sesame oil?), packed with flavor, with a hint of sour.
I finished the whole thing in a couple minutes…and I was surprisingly satiated, probably from fat content from cashew cream.
This is definitely going to be a repeat buy. This is a hella good value for convenience and nutrients.
- The whole thing is only 250 calories
- There’s 15 grams of fat, but only 2 grams are from saturated fats
- There’s 7 grams of protein? Baller!
- And only 24 grams of carbs with 4 grams of fiber
- The ingredient list is astoundingly clean
I’m hoping the 99 cent store will carry more flavors!
See other products from Evol here.